CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sketch Books


My friend Maggie Bergman has a post on her blog that I thought was wonderful. She showed one of her jewelry designs from the beginning to the end. Not process photos, but sketch book photos.
She found a seed pod, made a sketch, and completed the jewelry piece from her sketches that actually looked like what she sketched. 
I have a lot of sketch books, and I doodle a lot, but I rarely ever make something that resembles a "doodle" that I did.
I think the reason for that is that I have a collage mentality. I really don't know what the end result will look like. It just happens as I go along. It's always an adventure for me. 
I'm not unhappy at all with my free form process, but I think it is wonderful that she can create exactly what she intended in her sketch! Sometime I'll try that!
Below are some of my sketch books. I love using a book that I have made, but I also buy them too. Click on Maggie Bergman above and see what she did. I think you'll like her process.




2 comments:

Lora Hart said...

Ooh, I love the cubist book in the second photo! And I'm not a fan of cubism, so you know it must be good if *I* like it ;-) I wish I could just get in the habit of sketching at all. I buy the books and then don't put anything into them. I'd consider it a victory if I just jotted something down on paper. Then if I actually *made* something? I just don't know what I'd do with my bad self.

Paige said...

Great post. I always draw out my cloisonne work. It makes it a lot easier, for me. But with the rest of my work, I just look around a what I see next to me and let it inspire me.