CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy, Faux Bone Edition

Faux Bone, originally uploaded by Michelle Ross.

I've been making faux bone in polymer clay for a long time. Then along came Robert Dancik with his product actually called "Faux Bone". I took a class from him just because I like to sit at the masters feet and absorb. It's a very interesting product as you can see. Dig a little deeper than what you see here, and it will really "wow" you. Polymer clay artists are still doing some amazing things with imitating bone in the clay, so though I have only provided one photo of polymer clay beads, I urge you to hunt for more. Believe me, it you take the trip on the internet, I'm sure it will be worth the price of admission!

Be sure to check out Lora's, Paige's, and Christine's editions of Weekend Eye Candy.

Also, if you go to my web site, click on Gallery, then Mixed Media, you will see some examples of a couple of things that I made with Roberts Faux Bone.

4 comments:

Lora Hart said...

Verry cool collection! Love the ring with the weed growing out of it. Great job. You don't need me anymore. ;-)

Paige said...

Wow Michelle these are great. I want them all. But if I had to pick just one it would be the bangle bracelet. I love the whole collection.

Michelle Ross said...

Ya Paige, for me it's a toss up between that bangle, and Angela's Passando Por Cima (whatever that means) earrings. But #6 is pretty cool too.

Alice Stroppel said...

Michelle, A beautiful collection. I love the bracelet, but the "whatever that means" are pretty cool. I remember your faux bone but most of all I remember your amber. Loved it.