CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy, Kimono Edition

To start off, I'm very late with this posting. I hate being late, but I was solving a personal problem. What? You don't have any of those? Suuure! Well, better late than never!

Because I spent all that time on one problem, I didn't have time to hunt through Flickr, which is where I usually find pictures of other artists work that fits my theme. It's nice to look at other peoples work and honor them a bit by giving them more exposure. But, this time it is all about Me!, Me!, Me!

Do you ever have one of those days where you say to your self, "gosh, I'm turning into my Mom", or "I'm just like my Mom" (or Dad)? My Mom was an artist and a dabbler in many things. She loved all things Japanese. She took classes in Sumi painting and Ikebana and really was quite good with the brush. She was a wonderful person, and if I could be half as nice as she was, well, I think I have a way to go with that, but I love sushi, origami and I love kimonos. So this is a little tribute to my Mom, who I think about and miss every day.

This edition is about the kimonos I have made. I have done them in polymer clay, metal clay and origami, which by the way, I learned from my Mom when I was a little kid!

I hope you like them, and by the way, I'm not done making them...... don't know if I ever will be.

2 comments:

Pat Jones said...

Michelle, these kimonos are great, and a wonderful tribute to your Mom... I miss my Mom every day too! thanks for telling this.

Paige said...

Kimonos are such a good design shape. Yours are fantastic. And I think it's always good to celebrate all the great moms.